The University of New Hampshire InterOperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL) staff is always open to providing a tour for visitors. We encourage you to make an appointment in advance. If you find you are here for a plugfest or just in the area visiting the lovely UNH campus, we do welcome walk-in visitors so don’t hesitate to stop by, we will do our best to accommodate you.
Who should tour the UNH-IOL?
- Vendors and potential members interested in working with us or learning about our services and resources
- Companies that are interested in hiring UNH-IOL students after graduation
- Industry forums or standards bodies interested in using our GTP space
- Middle and High School students, teachers, guidance counselors or administrators interested in learning about the student advantage, internships and programs at the UNH-IOL
- Existing UNH Students interested in a career at the UNH-IOL
- UNH faculty or partners that would like to see the hands on learning at the lab
- Anyone who wants to see what the UNH-IOL does for students and how it is involved in the data networking industry
When you arrive at the UNH-IOL for your tour, be sure to enter from the front of the building. The GOSS International receptionist will point you in the direction of the elevator; we are located on the third floor. The UNH-IOL’s receptionist, Dianna, will be there to greet you, then you will be introduced to your tour guide. If there is a particular area of interest please let us know in advance so that we can do our best to provide you with information that you will find most relevant.
What does a tour include?
- Explore the group testing areas – Ethernets, Storage, Broadband, etc.
- Watch demonstrations - DLNA, AVnu, ANEG soldering, etc.
- Visit the 28 consortia
- Meet student and staff members - We have over 100 students and 20 staff members
- Explore the 7,200 square foot GTP (Group Test Period) area
What will you leave the UNH-IOL with?
You will leave with a strong understanding of what our mission vision and values are. You will learn about the advantage for students starting their career at the UNH-IOL, the benefits in having a membership at the UNH–IOL, the UNH-IOL’s efforts in promoting STEM to middle and high school students and our efforts to promote interoperability industry-wide.
Feel free to ask questions along the way! We also have brochures that are available if you would like to learn more.
If you have any further questions or would like to schedule a tour of the UNH-IOL, please contact Suzanne Snow, the Marketing and Communications Manager, at Suzanne.email@example.com or by phone at 603-862-1694.
Samantha Gosnell, Marketing and Communications Coordinator