The following test and measurement tools are available for members within our IEEE 1588/PTP, Avnu, and TSN Testing services. We would like to thank all of our partner companies for allowing members the opportunity to test against their products in one lab. If you have additional testing needs please contact us today.
T&M Partner Test Tools
Contact Assistance: Calnex
The Calnex Paragon-X provides testing gPTP (generic Precision Time Protocol) also known as IEEE 802.1AS. The Paragon-X:
- Provides one-box testing for gPTP-defined Time-Aware systems – End Stations and Relays(Bridges).
- Allows complete testing of gPTP Correction Field, Neighbor Rate ratio and CSRO (Cumulative Scaled Rate Offset).
- Can use integrated packet impairments to verify gPTP performance in the presence of network impairments such as delay, PDV or dropped packets.
- In addition to detailed gPTP/802.1AS testing, the Paragon-X also supports the following profiles: IEEE1588-2008, G.8265.1 (Frequency), G.8275.1 (Phase), C37.238-2011 (Power), and Customer-defined profiles.
- Contact Calnex for additional information
The Paragon-X is also available for use by UNH-IOL IEEE 1588/PTP Test Service Members
Contact Assistance: Ixia
Avnu Certification testing at UNH-IOL has been further enhanced with the support of Ixia and their AVB capable solutions. Specifically, the NOVUS 10/1 5-Speed Ethernet Load Module. Customers with this module, or compatible modules (eg: the older 3-Speed ELM) can make use of Violett Automation for shaper testing, if properly licensed.For additional information please refer to https://www.ixiacom.com/resources/testing-audio-video-bridging-avb-and-time-sensitive-networking-tsn.
Contact Assistance: Oregano Systems
Oregano Systems syn1588 NIC
- The IOL INTACT™ Avnu Alliance Member Edition for gPTP currently requires the Oregano Systems syn1588 PCIe NIC.
- 2 NICs are required for the 12 Bridge-specific tests, and 3 Bridge test parts require 3 NICs.
- For End Station testing, only one syn1588 NIC is required.
- The SYN1588PCIENIC-L (large PCI bracket) or SYN1588PCIENIC-S (small PCI bracket) are likely sufficient for your in-house needs.
- NOTE: Only v2.0 and newer cards are supported.
Contact Assistance: Spirent
Spirent TestCenter (STC)
Avnu Certification testing at UNH-IOL has utilized STC solutions in enhancing layer 1 and AVB testing.
For additional information please refer to the Spirent AVB/TSN Solutions Datasheet & Spirent Automotive C50 Datasheet. The Spirent test platforms such as the C50 (with 100BASE-T1 native interface) improve Automotive capabilities for certification testing completed by the UNH IOL and for in-house testing. Spirent also offers conformance solution that follows Avnu test specifications. The performance AVB test solution is supported across all STC platforms covering 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10G/40G and 100G.