Test Sentinel is a full suite of automated DSL and Gfast tools that allow a user to easily perform experiments and run standardized testing. This is the same set of tools used in our DSL and Gfast Testing Services to perform a wide variety of requests including Broadband Forum standardized tests and the Broadband Forum Gfast Certification.
- Broadband Forum ID-337i1: “Gfast Certification Testing”
- Broadband Forum TR-114: “VDSL2 Performance Testing”
- Broadband Forum TR-100: “ADSL2/2plus Performance Testing”
- Broadband Forum TR-067: “ADSL Performance Testing"
- Broadband Forum TR-249: "Vectoring Performance Testing"
- Customized Rate vs Reach testing
- And more coming soon...
Easy Configuration and Control of test & measurement equipment:
- DSLAMS / DPUs
- Traffic Generators
- Wireline Simulators (WLS)
- Arbitrary Waveform Generators (AWG)
- Spectrum Analyzers
- Centralized results database
- Browser based access to all results
About Test Sentinel
Test Sentinel has been used at the lab for over 5 years. We have designed it specifically for its ease of use and quick setup. It not only contains many standard test suites, but also powerful tools to control equipment and perform hand testing. The engine of our DSL/Gfast testing operations is now available for use in your own labs.
|BBF Gfast Certification Testing (IR-337)||✔||✔||✔|
|BBF VDSL2 Performance Testing (TR-114)||✔||✔||✔|
|BBF ADSL & ADSL2/2plus Performance Testing (TR-067/TR-100)||✔||✔|
|Custom DSL Rate vs Reach Performance Tests||✔||✔|
|Custom Gfast Rate vs Reach Performance Tests||✔||✔|
|BBF VDSL2 Vectoring Performance (TR-249)||✔|
|Full Custom Test Scripting (coming soon)||✔|
|All packages include basic operational support (installation and configuration). Advanced debugging and failure analysis is provided through the UNH-IOL DSL & Gfast Test Service Memberships.|
Designed to Save Time
As an engineer time is everything. If its meeting deadlines or just trying to debug an issue, time is an important factor. Test Sentinel is designed to be simple to use and configure allowing you to test and retest with minimal configuration and effort.
All in One Automation
Test Sentinel contains a litany of tools to help a tester debug and recreate issues as well as meet testing requirements. You can track and keep records of testing progress as well as save your configurations for later use, all from our comprehensive system.
Easy to Understand Results
Our web interface allows you to easily view and display data from all of your testing. Easily view past tests and see how a device has progressed over time.
Learn more about our Test Sentinel software in the overview video below.
Click each image to view a larger version.
- Test Sentinel Application
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, or better
- 4096MB RAM
- .Net Version 4.5.1 or greater
- 1 GB Disk Space (for test log storage)
- Minimum Screen Resolution: 1280x1024
- National Instruments GPIB hardware required for some test and measurement gear
- Results Database
- Linux Server (OS is non-specific)
- Mysql 5.1.73
- PHP 5.0 - 7.0
- PHP Extensions: GD, mysql, mysqli, date, filter, session, simpleXML, xml, dom, fileinfo, xmlreader
- Other Libraries: imageMagick, inkscape
- ADTRAN hix5625
- ADTRAN Total Access 1248V
- ADTRAN Total Access 3000
- ADTRAN Total Access 5000
- Calix B Series
- Calix C7 Series
- Calix E Series
- Ericsson EDN Series
- Huawei SmartAX UA5000
- Huawei SmartAX MA5603
- Nokia ISAM 7300 Series
- Nokia ASAM 7300 Series
- ADTRAN 508G
- ADTRAN 516G
- Calix E5-16F
- Huawei MA5811S
- Nokia SX-16F
- Digital Lightwave EAHD
- Spirent TestCenter (version 4.75)
- XENA Layer 2-3 Test Platform
- Spirent DLS-5500 Noise Generator
- Telebyte 4901 Noise Generator
- Telebyte 4902 Noise Generator
- Spirent DLS-410A ADSL2/2plus North American Loops
- Spirent DLS-414E ADSL2/2plus European Loops
- Spirent DLS08130 VDSL2 North American Loops
- Telebyte 458-LM-A1-30-TR114
- Telebyte 458-LM-A1-30-AWGN2
- Telebyte 458-LM-E2-36
- Telebyte 458-LM-E1-30-TP100
- Telebyte 458-LM-E1-30-04+
Multipair Crosstalk Systems
- Telebyte CFA-24
- Telebyte VxT-48DC+
- Telebyte 4902 Noise Generator