The UNH-IOL will be hosting the O-RAN Global Plugfest Fall 2023 and serving as one of four lab sites. Testing at the UNH-IOL site will focus on the following high-level scope items.
- End-to-end Integration and Interoperability; RIC/SMO use cases are encouraged
- Execution of the security testing based on WG11 test specifications, with the objectives to review and improve the test specifications, evaluate different test implementations and systems, to explore repeatability and any differences between the test implementations or outcomes
- Testing of use cases requiring QoS and network slicing
- Front Haul Timing
- Portions of O-RAN WG4 Fronthaul Conformance Test specification, with a focus on the S-Plane
Participation in the Global Plugfest is available to all O-RAN Members. Registration for the event is through the O-RAN Alliance organization. Official registration closes Friday, August 25.
The North American plugfest is being organized in partnership with AT&T, DISH, and NIST, with each providing input to the desired testing scopes and activities.
The plugfest testing will be held at the University of New Hampshire InterOperability Laboratory, located at 21 Madbury Road, Suite 100, Durham, NH 03824.
The plugfest is anticipated to function in a hybrid model, including both remote and on-site participants. The event is scheduled to run from August 27 through December 8. The UNH-IOL anticipates the majority of this time will be allocated to staging and integration work, with remote participation and support from the participants.
Participants should make hotel and transportation arrangements.
Visitor information, including local hotel and travel recommendation is also provided here.
Equipment Shipping Information
Companies shipping equipment to the UNH-IOL are required to cover all shipping and customs/duties costs. Failure to do so will require the UNH-IOL to bill the participating company for any outstanding shipping and customs/duties charges back to the participant.
The following shipping address MUST be used:
University of New Hampshire InterOperability Lab
Attn: Lincoln Lavoie / O-RAN Plugfest
UNH-IOL 21 Madbury Road, Suite 100
Durham, NH 03824
No collect shipments will be accepted, and all shipping fees, including U.S. Customs charges, are the responsibility of the shipper. UNH-IOL will NOT pay for U.S. Customs charges, and prepayment of Customs charges is required.
Please remember that international shipments must be cleared through U.S. Customs, which could take up to a week of additional time in shipping.
To enable and facilitate the technical work of plugfest, the UNH-IOL will be working with participants to provide resources to the event, including compute and RF isolation chambers. The following summarizes some of the technical resources available to the plugfest. For specific information or resources not listed below, please contact the UNH-IOL host coordinator: Lincoln Lavoie General information about the plugfest space is also available.
- Network / Internet Connectivity
- Global IPv4 and IPv6 network address space and subnet space
- Remote VPN connectivity (client and site-to-site)
- On-site compute (cloud) resources
- We will provide access to general compute / local cloud resources, including Kubernetes and OpenStack environments
- General networking equipment, including Ethernet switches, Direct Attach Cables, etc.
- RF Isolation Chambers
- Access to 1 walk-in RF isolation chamber
- Chamber includes internal (filtered) 110V power
- Pass through (waveguide) for fiber optic connectivity